Our Local Employment Service helps people to find work which is appropriate and suitable. It is a free and confidential service. We support people who are looking for work with applying for jobs, getting training and writing their CV
A key part of the Local Employment Service is the ongoing support from our Mediators/Guidance Counsellors and frontline staff all of who are dedicated to helping work ready people to improve their job seeking skills.
The Local Employment Service also works closely with local employers to understand their needs, to help them avail of employment incentives and to place suitable candidates in their company.
We want to understand where you see yourself in the world of work and to help you to get there.
We can help you to do this by offering you the following free and confidential services:
- One to one employment guidance
- Development of a tailored CV
- Career path planning
- Access to training courses
- Work placement opportunities
- Education guidance
- Enterprise guidance
- In receipt of a Jobseeker’s payment;
- A one parent family;
- An early school leaver;
- A person with a disability.
- A member of an Ethnic Minority
- A member of the travelling community;
- An ex-prisoner/offender;
- A person recovering from substance dependency,
- referred by a Rehabilitation Agency
- A Smallholder / Low-income Farmer;
- People who are looking for work but not currently on the Live Register
On initial contact with your local office we will endeavour to help with your query. You may be asked to complete a registration form and be given an appointment to meet with a Mediator/Guidance Officer. During this meeting the service and your obligations will be explained.
The Mediator/Guidance Officer will give you one to one support, plan your career path, help you to write your Curriculum Vitae (CV), access training and provide you with ongoing support.
If you choose to start your own business we can refer you to one of our Enterprise Officers. Or, if you choose to return to education we can refer you to our Education and Career Guidance Service.
For more information, please contact:
In order to improve your ability to access quality, sustainable employment it is often necessary to increase your skills and education levels.
Whether you require an add on course to make your skills more marketable or wish to embark on a whole new career, the County Kildare Local Employment Services can help you identify and secure the course most suitable to your needs.
In order to do this we work with a range of local and national agencies such as:
The Education and Training Board , County Kildare LEADER Partnership National Learning Network, Employability Skills and a range of other training providers
Kildare Local Employment Service Network provides a wide range of support services to local job seekers. These support services form the majority of our work and includes one to one career guidance, access to training and education and job placement.
The Service provides a confidential setting where you can discuss and develop a career path with one of our guidance officers. The guidance officer through a series of one to one meetings will discuss your options.
They will identify your strengths and weaknesses and help you decide what your goals are and will support you in fulfilling them.
Positions: Factory Operative
Duties :Factory work
Hand polishing stone
Using angle grinders, cnc machines, saws & polishing machines.
Operation of overhead gantry crane
Driving a forklift
Good positive attitude
Willingness to learn
Attention to detail is extremely important
Ideally we would like to get somebody experienced but we will also consider a trainee.
Full training will be given.
All General Operatives are required to start work from SAP sites. General Operatives will then be directed to the relevant client site which include nationwide sites.
Reporting to: Contracts Supervisor
Position: General Operative
This job description outlines some of the duties and responsibilities that are associated with your role but it is by no means an exhaustive list and may be amended as the management of the company directs.
- Tree Planting
- Shrub Planting
- Lawn Preparation / Seeding
- Footpath Construction
- Laying of Soil & Lawns
- Spraying & Weed Control
- Top Soiling
- Grass Cutting & Strimming
- Litter Collection
- Cleaning and Tidying
- Light Civil WorksResponsibilities:
- Adhering to the companies’ policies and procedures in relation to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Obeying clients site rules & regulations in general and in particular in relation to Health & Safety.
- Follow instruction provided by management and your site Foreperson.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the quality of work is delivered to an excellent standard and that the work completed is carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure work is of a high standard that is expected in SAP Landscapes.Package:
- Hourly rate is DOE
- Flexible Hours – General Hours are 7.30 – 16.30 weekdays.
- Overtime Available
- Uniform Allowance
- Pension Facility
- Training provided in the capacity of Manual Handling, Machinery Training and Health & Safety etc. Requirements: Essential
- Valid Safe Pass is essential
- Provisional / Full Driving Licence
- B+E Licence Optional Requirements: Desirable
- Tractor Driving Experience is an advantage
- Previous experience / knowledge in similar industry desirable. Training & Development:At SAP Landscapes, we believe that our most important asset is our people. That is why we like to promote from within and develop employees to progress further in their career. As a General Operative you have the potential to become a 2nd in crew and subsequently a foreperson, through consistent training & development.
- To apply: send CV to: email@example.com
Confidential ( Insulation Company)
Address: Kilcullen area Kildare
Contact Person: Teresa Cave
Telephone No: 045895555
Vacancy: Lorry driver/ helper
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hours: Full time work with varied daily hours may involve weekends
Gross Wage: DOE
Driving and helping another person to apply insulation foam to residential and industrial sites throughout Ireland
The ideal person will have a full, clean C licence, be over 25 years ( for insurance purposes) be ambitious, fit and willing to do physical work. Must be a careful driver and be willing to help with the application of the insulation
Kildare based Construction Company
Address: With domestic sites in Naas, Kilmeague, Allen & Castledermot
Vacancy: Construction Labourer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Various areas throughout Kildare – Kilmeague, Allen, Castledermot
Hours: Full time hours 8am-6pm
Gross Wage: €100/120 per day
To carry out all general labouring work on domestic builds (Assisting tradesmen) and other duties as required
The ideal Candidate will be physically fit, have current manual handling and Safe pass tickets- machine tickets an advantage but not essential, must have a willingness to do physical work. Transport essential
To Apply: Contact Teresa 045895555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Front of house catering Assistant
Hours: 7 hour shift of daytime hours – Offering full time 37.5 hours
Gross Wage: Start at €9.75 ph for a 3 month probationary period
This position involves working front of house in a canteen/restaurant- duties will involve serving customers, all aspects of cleaning duties, preparing and labelling food, and dealing with allergens
The ideal candidate will have 6-12 months experience of working in a similar role, Be physically fit to do the work, have a good level of common sense and ideally be HACCP or Barista trained and have their own transport
Job Vacancies Call Teresa 045895555 for more details or mail CV to email@example.com
A leading hotel in Naas are now recruiting for
A fully qualified Beauty Therapist
Beauty Spa Attendants
Day & Night Porters
Please call Teresa 045895555 for further details or email your CV stating the role you want to apply for to firstname.lastname@example.org
28 Duke Street,
Tel: 059 8632685
Tel: 045 435666
Tel: 045 521950
Leixlip Shopping Centre,
Tel: 01 6245414
Tel: 045 895555